Human Trafficking

Human Trafficking: What an interesting and heavy topic. In my my Interspinal Relationships class we touch on this subject. I was inspired by the movie on the topic by Learning ZoneXpress 
This video is a really descriptive and well done introduction to the topic. I stated my lesson showing the film and holding discussion the remainder of the hour. We also looked up local cases of human trafficking online - kids were surprised to see how close to home this subject strikes. This year my Para even got involved and shared some really interesting stories that took place in neighboring big cities. 

The next couple days I assign them research project again inspired by the video worksheet from LZXP. I modified it a bit: attach.


They have the option to write a paper or create a video. Most choose to write the paper - but the handful of videos made were really cool and fun to show the rest of the class!


I think what really surprised me was how often the remainder of the semester the topic of human trafficking was bought up by my kids! Some have been involved in fundraisers and walks to raise awareness and where excited to already have background knowledge from my class. 

Comments