FCCLA : Family Career and Community Leaders of America


Part of my FACS adventure also includes advising an awesome group of kids in my schools extra curricular FCCLA group. I may not have had this same opinion my first year advising the group...but after several mistakes and lessons learned I am really enjoying the FCCLA game. 

We are a small group, and about 90% of my kiddos cant do the after school things so we have been working with 15min homeroom meetings and whenever else in between. Despite the time, we have established some steam building traditions. We host 2 annual community drives - a food drive in the fall and a blanket/clothing drive in the winter. We also host a annual spaghetti dinner during winter conferences to help us raise money for our regional and state competitions. And we celebrate our accomplishments with an end of the year party in the FACS kitchen.


My bulletin board is my pride and joy. I got some of the ideas from Pinterest and some from my own creative mind. My favorite part is the application form folder right on the board - this saves so much time and energy! This year I also scored a display case and had a great time setting it up with my hard working kids. (only 2 of the trophies are from my reign...)




Comments