My American Wedding!

**Disclaimer - this is not directly related to FACS or lessons, but its important to me so....

I love the colors red, white, and blue. Not just because I love America, but they really are beautiful together. Weddings are beautiful and thus these were the colors of my wedding! I did my best to NOT include flags or cowboy related items, just the colors red white and specifically navy blue. Here is the breakdown of my wedding details-

The Dress: 
To save money, time, sweat, tears, and energy I decided to be a real FACS teacher and re-use my Mother’s wedding dress. In true 80’s fashion it did have very puffy shoulders and long sleeves, AND a lace turtle neck. She looked beautiful in it, but I did remove these couple things. Other than that it fit me perfect! My wonderful Grandmother (on Mom’s side) did all the sewing. 






The Flowers:
Typical Jack of all Trades, a FACS teacher friend of mine is also a skilled florist. She patiently and un-judgingly agreed to make the minimal flowers of my wedding look beautiful. I wanted ONLY red roses, and she did a great job of making my strange wishes come true! 













The Rings:
Mine was my Grandmothers on my Dad’s side. Very simple and we made no changes to it. Travis’ is a happy long story - Basically I found it A LONG time ago and at the time gave it to my Dad (it was much nicer than his pre-divorce) After my parents split he gave it back to me for my future love. It fits Travis perfect! 
















The People:
We each had 5 bridesmaids/groomsmen. Mostly siblings and cousins, and couple good pals. Our youngins – titled “Jr. bridesmaid and groomsmen” held signs instead of flower pedals/frilly pillows. My Personal attendant works for Aveda so that was awesome and we all smelt amazing! 






The Church:
We actually choose our church before we were married because of the garden. After attending for a couple years, we finally got married there. We were the first couple to be married in the garden and were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather! I also loved it because the garden was so pretty we did minimal work decorating it! 









The Reception:
Also outdoors, in a tent that reminded me of the Weasley/Delacour wedding on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Though there was no magic the weather and setting made it feel magical! We catered in barbecue which was cool because it was only $10 a head compared to the $30 a head I should have had to pay through the hotel but go out of because they were mean and I don't back down... We also served simple cupcakes from a local bakery. It was nummy! The music was classic wedding style, from the Electric Slide to the Chicken Dance!













The Honeymoon: 
We left the very next day for our Northern European adventure. We got to go on a Baltic Sea cruise starting in Copenhagen Denmark. Our destinations included: Stockholm Sweden, Talin Estonia, St. Petersburg Russia, Warnemunde Germany, and our start and end point Copenhagen Denmark. It was amazing and so romantic!


I feel like there are so many more details I could tell you but all I really remember and think is most important was I got to marry my best friend and I could not be happier!!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you! אולם אירועים

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos!! You are looking gorgeous in this wedding gown. The place you booked for is really awesome. I also want to rent a similar event space for my special day. Hopefully, will find a similar back here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment