Israel!

Shalom! 

Hello my friends and sorry for the delay in posts, but I have a good excuse (better than most of my students at least!) I have been on sabbatical mentally, but also for real - in Israel!

A couple years ago my church was offered the opportunity to travel to the Holy Land for a mission trip through Chosen People Ministries - an organization that serves the Jewish people around the world! Look them up they are super cool! We had someone from the church come as a guest lecture to show us how the Passover dinner is prepared and additionally its ties to Jesus and the New Testament- very enlightening, but not what this blog post is about....

So fast forward to November 2016, myself and a handful of members of my church including our pastor travel to Jerusalem for a Mission Trip of a lifetime!

Chosen People Ministries helped us find a place to stay and supported us in our travels. They also hooked us up with amazing opportunities to help serve the Jewish community right there in the Holy Land! Sightseeing was fun too.

In summery I have since been obsessed with learning more about Jewish culture, the history of Israel and of course God!

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they be secure who love you! Psalm 122:6

*Below are some slides from the presentations I have done for various youth groups and churches in my community upon returning home!






















Always being a FACS teacher - I couldn't let him just sell me stuff, I had to
ask a zillion questions about the herbs and spices!











Comments