FACS is College and Career Readiness!

College and Career Readiness!

I recently finished my 3rd curriculum book for Learning ZoneXpress! This one is called 50 Apps for Careers. How exciting is it to see FACS selling Career readiness curriculum. Exciting but also duh. This is us. FACS teacher are the best qualified teachers of college and career readiness!

Some Apps I suggest to help teach this include but are not limited to (see my book yo)

Khan Academy - FREE app full of narrated videos on subjects like entrepreneurship and college readiness. 

Unstuck - FREE app that is great of kids and adults trying figure out where they are going in life or what changes need to be made to be more successful!

Real Talk - FREE app that has interviews with real career people talking about real easy to get to where they are!

Monster Interviews - FREE app that prepares all ages for the interview process! Even has practice questions and answer strategies.

My school makes me do Ramp up to Readiness (if you are a fan stop reading now. Also is you think I am a happy always kind person stop reading.) I hate this …It literally makes me nauseous when I am forced to teach this to my sweet little 8th grade homeroom students. WHY?! WHY is this is a thing?! My theory - schools “accidentally” cut a bunch of FACS and Business departments and suddenly lost this valuable aspect of education without realizing and then tried to “fix it” but creating and adding something “new” to make it better….*facepalm. 

MCIS - this I thinks IS really cool! Similar to Naviance, a subscription based college and career readiness website full of everything you need to teach kids this important stuff *For Minnesotans* - not so ironically covered by Perkins funding…hmmm…


FASC teachers! This us all us! WE DO THIS! We need to make other aware that WE DO THIS! WE teach this stuff and are are more than qualified to do this!!


Comments