Aebeleskivers

Soooo I cum frum ae suupir smaall Swedish towin en Minnesooota. (If you can read this, you probably did too!)

I also have a lot of Swedish family roots AND married a Scandanavian man. However
despite all this I have never made Aebeleskivers (round pancakes)!!

That is until I found an Aebeleskivers  pan at a garage sale in excellent condition for a steal!

I quickly called My husbands Danish Grandma to get her family recipe!

What an adventure: Grandma Harriet advised me to select a skinny pair of knitting
needles to get me started....haha ok...

Here is her recipe exactly as she read it to me:
2 egg whites, 2 yolks separated
2 cups flour
2tsp. Sugar
1/2tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
4 tbsp melted butter
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup oil
Make the yolks stiff and then add everything else.

I mixed all that together and then warmed up my pan. I poured a bit oil in each hole of
the pan and then chaos!!! I honestly can't tell you where I went wrong, but it was a
disaster! I think I blacked out a little somewhere in there ....

Take 2: I watched a YouTube video!

Batch number 2 was a huge success! My husband and his little brother who was
hanging out with us for the weekend loved them! It was so much fun to see how many I
could make into perfect circles! Heres what I made:








Comments